INK KIT Studios
Based in Zurich, Switzerland
«DERU - The Art of Cooperation» brings two players together in a cooperative gaming experience, in which they solve abstract and complex levels. With teamwork, timing and tactical placement both players bring color into the world of DERU. Mutual helping and protecting are fundamental parts of the gameplay. To be successful the players have to communicate and plan outside of the game. The player can also challenge oneself to control both characters and solve the many puzzles.
«Deru - The Art of Cooperation» originated from the great global game jam 2014. To the theme «We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are» the initial prototype for the game, which was then called «Schlicht», which roughly translates to simply elegant. This first prototype was developed by Don Schmocker, Domink Haas and Christian Schmidhalter, which were in their second year at the game design studies at the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK). This initial prototype quickly got nomiations and prizes from various festivals and awards, such as the Ludicious Zürich Game Festival or the Deutscher Entwicklerpreis. In the third installment of the «Call for Projects : Swiss Games», DERU got funding from the Pro Helvetia, the swiss arts foundation and the team decided to do a complete redesign of the game and increase the scope of the project.
- Innovative gameplay - A combination of dexterity and puzzle mechanics
- Co-op experience - Play together and help each other to succeed
- Social interaction - Communicate and plan your actions
- Extremely easy to pick up - Simple rules with lots of possibilities
- Visually astounding puzzle levels - enjoy the audiovisual, atmospheric experience
«DERU - The Art of Cooperation» - Trailer YouTube
The challenge mode of DERU YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for DERU - The Art of Cooperation. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominee, SXSW Gamer's Voice'" Austin, Texas, 2017
- "Winner, SGDA Swiss Game Award" Zurich, 2017
- "Winner, SGDA Audience Award" Zurich, 2017
- "Winner, Blue Byte Newcomer Award" Cologne, 2014
- "Winner, Call for Projects: Swiss Games" Zurich, 2015
- "Winner, Suisa Foundation Prize" Zurich, 2016
- "Winner, Game Connection Pitch" Zurich, 2016
- "Winner, Swissnex Startup Boost" San Francisco, 2016
- "Nominee, Indie Prize Amsterdam" Amsterdam, 2015
- "Nominee, Ludicious Student Award" Zurich, 2014
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About INK KIT Studios
We're a game studio located in Zurich, Switzerland and are currently working on the cooperative mindtwisting puzzle game «DERU - The Art of Cooperation» ( formerly known as Schlicht ). INK KIT Studios is part of the Mr. Whale's Game Services, a collective which produces games with novel mechanics and narratives.
More information on INK KIT Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
DERU - The Art of Cooperation Credits
Business & Development, INK KIT Studios
Game Designer & Art, INK KIT Studios
Concept, Team FAR
Game Designer, INK KIT Studios
Development, INK KIT Studios
Artist, INK KIT Studios